Sunday, March 19, 2006

Can You Imagine...

So it's Sunday night. I'm sittin here wishing the weekend wasn't almost over - I just want to be lazy for about one or two or twenty more days - oh well. One whole year until St. Patrick's Day again... sad.

So this morning, just have to say that I went for coffee at Frothy Monkey and who do I sit two tables from... Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman - it was kinda interesting - I don't get star struck, but it was just fun.

So today, on a more serious note, I get into my truck after church, and I'm about to go meet up with a few guys for lunch. Before I pull out I call one of them to make sure I know where they are and when I call I don't get my friend on the line - somehow I have picked up the signal from another call. I wasn't sure what was going on at first, but I was quickly saddened by what I was hearing.

I had picked up a call of some woman speaking to a man. She was talking about how she wished she had some drugs or alcohol to help her make it through the day today - she was saying that if she had a gun she wasn't sure but she might use it - life seemed to be so hard for her - she didn't really have much hope left. She was saying how her kids hated her and that she was the scum of the earth. In a nonconvincing tone the man on the line said she was wrong. She proceeded to talk about how the night before she had taken extra valium because it was the only way that she could get any sleep...

I'll stop there. Just think about that. Do you ever stop and realize how blessed we are? All I wanted to do was reach out and somehow find this stranger on the other end of the line. Whoever it was seemed to be stuck in the deepest rut filled with a combination of depression, hurt, fear, and other things that are just unecessary. But how could I? I was really caught so off guard even if they could have heard me what would I have said? Point is, sometimes I think I have this hard life... I don't. If I would only stop and think about how normal I am, and how amazingly awesome that is, maybe things wouldn't worry me so much.

So... I better get ready for McDougals and Grey's - maybe that will be my next blog cause they're amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home